The Interaction between Arbitration and Insolvency law
30 October 2018 | 09:00 - 11:30
In light of current market conditions, the difficult middle ground between Arbitration and Insolvency Law is increasingly the subject of debate and analysis. Where should the balance between insolvency class actions and private dispute resolution lie? What of the legitimate interests of the claimant as against those of other creditors? And how is this tension currently managed.
Our panellists will consider the issue from a Hong Kong perspective in light of recent judgments, and will discuss the complex situations arising from cross-border insolvencies.
We look forward to welcoming you, and our panel, to the discussion on Tuesday 30 October.
Confirmed panellists include:
- Ben Bury, Registered Foreign Lawyer, HFW (moderator)
- Look-Chan Ho, Barrister, Des Voeux Chambers
- Damien McDonald, International Arbitration Partner, Fangda
- Damian Honey, Head of International Arbitration, Partner, Holman Fenwick Willian
- Charlie Morris, Managing Director, Asia Pacific, Woodsford Ligation Funding
- Damien Whitehead, Insolvency and Restructuring Partner, Ashurst
Attendance is free. Registration is however required via the HK Arbitration Week website.
CPD accreditation from The Law Society of Hong Kong is pending.
09.00-09.30 - Registration
09.30-11.00 - Panel discussion
Foreign Correspondents' Club (FCC)
North Block, 2 Lower Albert Road, Central, Hong Kong